101 – Integrated Appeals and Grievances: A Roadmap for D-SNPs
- Per CMS requirements, by 2021, D-SNPs must be prepared to deliver to its beneficiaries a fully integrated (Medicaid and Medicare) appeals and grievance model.
- State agencies have already proposed various models of integration to CMS that D-SNPs are or will be required to implement, operationalize and monitor to ensure that mandated benchmarks meet the revised regulatory standards.
- As most integrated models are similar in scope and delivery, this presentation will offer common suggestions on how D-SNPs can update their operational models, member notifications and materials, corporate policies as well as other assurances of compliance.
- Sarah Swank, Counsel, Nixon Peabody
- Justin Frazer, Director, Regulatory Compliance, Mazars USA LLP