302 – Preparing Effective Corrective Action Plans: Get to the Root!
- CMS expects health plans to develop corrective action plans in response to noncompliance or fraud, waste and abuse issues. Developing effective corrective action plans generally includes root cause and impact analyses. What does this really mean?
- The presentation will cover CMS expectations – Resolve, Prevent, Monitor. Root Cause Analysis – Why? Impact Analysis – Who? Corrective Action Plan (CAP) – What do we do? *Actions Taken *Testing *Implementation *Monitoring.
- The presentation will explore the end-to-end process with an interactive case study to demonstrate critical steps. Polling questions will be used. y Tools and resources will be provided to develop CAPs that can withstand CMS scrutiny.
- Thomas Wilson, VP, Chief Compliance Officer, Health Team Advantage
- Tammy Hall, Senior Compliance Manager, Health Team Advantage