CHAT WITH US!
MMANC is “Municipal Management Association of Northern California” — a membership organization of local government management professionals located throughout the 49 counties of Northern California. MMANC was formed in 1950 to address the professional needs of public management staff (Full Members are any persons employed at least half-time in administrative and/or management work for a local governmental agency in Northern California, except for the chief administrative officer of an agency or municipality). It is the oldest and one of the largest organizations of its kind in the nation.
- To facilitate professional development in municipal management.
- To enhance opportunities for professionals pursuing careers in public administration.
- To establish a forum for the exchange of ideas, information, research, and experiences among those in municipal management.
- To create a communications network between the administrator, academician, and others concerned with developing effective local government.
- To provide input and policy recommendations to the League of California Cities, the International City/County Management Association, Institute for Local Government, Cal-ICMA and other recognized associations.
Currently, MMANC is divided into five regions, with co-chairs for each one in charge of coordinating networking and informational events. There are four signature events held annually. These events include the Annual Conference, Winter Forum, Women’s Leadership Summit, and Summer Signature Symposium.